Project Management Institute
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)
Initiated in 1999, the Project Management Institute (PMI) PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) Program is the premier comprehensive continuing education program related to the field of project management. It is designed to enhance the ongoing professional development of PMI Members, Project Management Professionals (PMP®), and other project management stakeholders through the offering of quality learning experiences and activities related to the field of project management.
The overall goals of the PMI Registered Education Provider Program are summarized as follows:
- To help organizations and individuals identify quality PM training providers and courses that meet their professional development needs.
- To help PMPs find and report continuing education activities that fulfills their Continuing Certification Requirements.
- To build a foundation for cooperation and communication between PMI and the project management education & training community.
- To create a forum for the exchange of ideas and best practices, and foster the growth of the project management body of knowledge.
- To provide a searchable database, via the PMI Web site, of Registered Educational Provider-sponsored PDU credit programs to the project management community.
The Professional Development Unit (PDU) is a measure of time spent in a structured learning activity. For formalized learning activities, the course content must be consistent with the PMI knowledge areas and processes as outlined by the PMBOK® Guide and involve appropriate expert resources. One (1) PDU is given for each hour of structured learning. Fractions of hours are accepted in .25 increments. An activity or group of related activities must be a minimum of one full hour to be accepted. Requests for PDU credits can be submitted to PMI in writing or online at www.pmi.org